Mobile Phone Policy
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
In addition to the current ICT agreements we have in place, we are formalising and sharing our updated policy regarding the bringing of personal mobile devices (including smart watches) to school.
It’s a policy we feel we have had to update and formalise due to some on-going issues with student’s personal mobile devices. We continue to strongly encourage parents/caregivers to:
- Be engaged with your children’s on-line behaviour
- Ensure children have a balanced and healthy level of access and usage of technology at home
- Understand that age limits are put on certain apps for children’s own safety
- Understand the level of distraction mobile devices can bring in terms of personal safety when walking
- Understand that inappropriate use of social media can have significant impacts and consequences
The Policy comes in to effect on Monday the 12 September 2022 (and we are asking that notification / forms indicating students will be bringing in a personal mobile device need to be supplied before doing so).
The policy is attached below for your information and added to our Parent Handbook as well.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.