Corona Virus – Understandably parents have many questions at this time. So do we and it’s very complex as the landscape is constantly changing and evolving. But there are some very simple messages that need to be reiterated and followed:
- If you or your child/ren are sick and show any of the symptoms of Corona Virus you must stay away from school.
- The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other colds and flus and include:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
- While coronavirus is of concern, it is important to remember that most people displaying these symptoms are likely suffering with a cold or other respiratory illness – not coronavirus.
- Practising good hand washing and sneeze/cough hygiene and keeping your distance from others when you are sick is the best defence against most viruses. Importantly:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Covering cough and sneeze.
(We are reiterating this message at school.)
- We will be following the advice given to us by the relevant authorities and do our very best to keep up with the instructions as they come. It’s important to understand that the messaging/dialogue that people will hear in the media may not be the same as the advice that is directly sent to us via SA Health, DECD, AISSA and LESNW.
- Events / Excursions etc – like most schools we have a number of events coming up. It’s likely that many of these events will not be able to go ahead and some of these decisions will be made for us, not by us. We will give as much warning as we can if events are going to be cancelled / postponed. Normal school operations will continue and we will make ‘case by case’ decisions on co-curricular events as they draw near.
- We are working on some plans to support families/children who need to stay away from school via an online platform. This will take a little while to develop, but we will keep families informed as things develop.
- Please feel free to contact Daryl if you have any matters you wish to discuss.
You can access further information through Australian Government advice at https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-resources
Further updates can be found on the schools website at